Swiss Alps Small Group Day Tour from Zurich
Enjoy high-altitude adventure beneath soaring mountain peaks on this Swiss Alps small-group day trip from Zurich. Travel through the Brünig Pass to the highlands of the Bernese Oberland with your guide. Cross the Aare Gorge footbridge for spectacular valley views, and admire the majestic Lake Toten. Take the ice tunnel though the Rhône Glacier and traverse Furka Pass to behold the mighty Gotthard Massif. Explore the Schöllenen Gorge, Devil's Bridge and the St Gotthard Pass, and enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 16 people.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Sihlquai, Sihlstrasse 41, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
Starting your journey from Zürich
Pass By: Brünigpassstrasse, 3860 Meiringen, Switzerland
Set off from Zurich’s Sihlquai Bus Terminal by motor coach with your guide in the morning and head out over the Brünig Pass to the highlands of the Bernese Oberland — the heart of the magnificent Swiss Alps.
Stop At: Aare Gorge, Aareschlucht, Meiringen 3860 Switzerland
Stop first at the impressive Aare Gorge and take a walk along the secure footbridge to enjoy spectacular views out over the valleys and peaks beyond.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Grimsel Pass, Grimselpass, Oberwald 3999 Switzerland
After a little free time for lunch, hop back aboard your coach and descend through wild Alpine terrain to the Grimsel Pass. From your vantage point at a lofty 7,103 feet (2,165 meters) above sea level, admire the serene Lake Toten.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Rhone Glacier, Gletsch 3999 Switzerland
Continue on to the Rhône Glacier at 7,545 feet (2,300 meters) and explore the fascinating blue-ice tunnel leading to the Ice Room.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Furka Pass, Switzerland
Warm back up with a hot coffee (optional) then follow your guide through the Furka Pass for stunning views over the Gotthard Massif.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Schöllenen-Schlucht Andermatt/Gotthard, 6490 Andermatt, Switzerland
Travel deep into the Urseren Valley to the Alpine resort of Andermatt — where the Schöllenen Gorge, the legendary Devil's Bridge and the mighty peaks of the St Gotthard Pass await. There, pause a while and appreciate the majesty of the Swiss Alps to the full.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Sihlquai, Sihlstrasse 41, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
After a full day exploring the peaks and valleys of the Swiss Alps, travel back to Zurich where your small-group day trip will come to an end.
Duration: 1 minute
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 9 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- English speaking guide
- Return transportation by motor coach
- Entrance fees Aaren Gorge and Rhone Glacier
- Entry/Admission - Aare Gorge
- Entry/Admission - Rhone Glacier
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended for Aare Gorge and Rhone Glacier
- Infants and children aged 5 years and under are free of charge but must be registered on the booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Approved Health & Safety Concept COVID-19 under the "Clean & Safe" campaign supported by Switzerland Tourism. Face masks and disinfectant wipes will be provided free of charge.
Average 4.63 out of 5 stars based on 41 verified reviews from Cool Zurich and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help.
Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Zurich expert
Product code: C-3885ZRHPASS