Muir Woods and Sausalito Half Day Tour (Optional Sausalito Ferry Ticket)
Take time out from San Francisco on a half-day trip to Muir Woods and Sausalito. This enthralling half-day trip takes you across the Golden Gate Bridge to the Bay Area's most popular national monument and the prettiest village in California where you can choose to take the Sausalito ferry back to San Francisco.
Complete your day with you 4h Bike rental package from our partner Unlimited Biking (887 Beach St, San Francisco – Unlimited Biking Ghirardelli Square) biking from Sausalito over the Golden Gate bridge or starting your own tour from Fisherman’s Wharf Unlimited Biking store.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- All entrance fees included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Union Square, Union Square, San Francisco, California
Departing the heart of Union square, the coach makes its way to the Golden Gate Bridge.
On your way to the Golden Gate Bridge, travelers will see:
Union Square: Theatres, shopping, hotels
Pass By: Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA
Famous for being used as a firebreak, by the US Army during the 1906 earthquake and fire.
Pass By: Cow Hollow, Union St, San Francisco, CA
Two affluent neighborhoods, attracting young professionals. Chic fashion boutiques, Pilates studios, juice shops, beauty salons. Many fine dining restaurants ranging from French Bistros to American Fusion Cuisine.
Pass By: Crissy Field, 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129-1605
Driving above Crissy Field it gives a great vantage of the San Francisco Bay, and the Golden Gate Bridge.
Pass By: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Crossing the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
On a clear day, the Golden Gate Bridge offers a panoramic view of the bay and the San Francisco skyline.
Pass By: Marin County, Marin County, California
Entering Robin Williams tunnel as we exit travelers get a view of Sausalito.
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
Muir Woods lies in the middle of the redwood's latitudinal region.
Incredible diversity of flora and fauna can be daunting at times. Redwoods, Stellar’s jay, ladybugs, ancient horsetail ferns, and the banana slug are all apart of the hiking experience.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sausalito, Sausalito, Marin County, California
A gorgeous Mediterranean-style village with quaint shops, art galleries, and waterfront restaurants.
Extend your stay in Sausalito and return by ferry to San Francisco at your leisure. Ferry cost is not included unless selected during booking. The Ferry docks at Pier 41, in the heart of Fisherman’s Wharf.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Fisherman's Wharf, Jefferson Street Between Hyde and Powell Streets, San Francisco, CA 94133
First Drop-off location
On the northern waterfront, is the cities most visited and busiest tourist areas. Souvenir shops, stalls selling crab and clam chowder in sourdough bread bowls, appear at every turn.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Union Square, Union Square, San Francisco, California
Second drop- off location
Duration: 5 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1: 478 Post St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
2: 2800 Leavenworth St, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Duration: 5 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 4-hour tour of Muir Woods and Sausalito
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi and restroom
- Return Ferry to San Francisco from Sausalito (if option is selected)
- Admission ticket to Muir Woods National Monument
- 4h Bike Rental (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible. However, passengers in a wheelchair can be accommodated only if they can get on and off the bus on their own and if the wheelchair is foldable.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Please note that Departure times can vary from day to day depending on our parking assignments.
- For all riders’ safety, Unlimited Biking do not recomend any riders who are 300 pounds and over as this exceeds the weight limit the manufacturer has advised for the bike’s build. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we do prioritize your safety during the ride.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.34 out of 5 stars based on 2656 verified reviews from Cool Zurich and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Zurich expert
Product code: COOL-2660SFOMUI1
Similar Tours & Activities